Juventus forward Paulo Dybala confirmed he was the third player from the team to test positive for the coronavirus.
Dybala revealed on social media that he and his girlfriend Oriana received positive COVID-19 tests. Juventus confirmed Dybala’s status in a statement released on their website and said he has been in voluntary isolation since March 11 and is asymptomatic.
“Hi everyone, I just wanted just to inform you that we have received the results for the Covid-19 test and both Oriana and I have tested positive,” Dybala said on his Twitter page. ”Luckily we are in perfect conditions. Thanks for your messages.”
The 26-year-old Argentinian International is the third member of the Italian Serie A defending champions to have the virus, following the announcement that center-back Daniele Rugani and France World Cup winner Blaise Matuidi also tested positive.
Dybala has made a big impact since joining the team in 2015 scoring 64 goals in 152 games to help Juventus continue a Serie A winning streak of eight consecutive league titles. He has been named to the Serie A Team of the Year three times.
Serie A suspended its season on March 9 due to the coronavirus pandemic that has caused Italy to record the highest death toll so far in the world.