“Torn from the Headlines: New York Post Reports” is a series of six episodes, each airing Monday at 10 p.m. ET and PT on the ID network. The show will detail some of the city’s most dramatic true-crime stories from the perspective of the journalists who covered the cases.

“We have some of the best reporters around and no one covers a story like we do,” said New York Post Digital Editor-in-Chief Michelle Gotthelf, the show’s Executive Producer.

“We finally have the opportunity to bring our decades of excellent storytelling to screens across the nation.”

The series premieres March 16 with a look at the murder of co-ed Imette St. Guillen — a crime that rocked the city and made headlines worldwide.

The series is a first-of-its-kind venture for the Big Apple’s favorite tabloid. It started with a partnership between the Investigation Discovery network and Radley Studios, which produced the series with the help of Post journalists, including senior reporter Gabrielle Fonrouge.

“There is no story like a New York crime story and millions of people will now get a taste of what we see and do on a daily basis,” said Fonrouge, who’s been doing research for the show for the last nine months.

“This project came together by combining the newsroom’s best talents and doing what we do best: digging up details others forgot, working our extraordinary network of sources and telling the stories you can’t look away from and will never forget.”

The first episode, premiering at 10 p.m. EST on the ID channel, will detail the tragic murder of St. Guillen, a Manhattan college student whose death became a cautionary tale for young New Yorkers.

Alejandra St.Guillen and Maureen St. Guillen react to the life sentence recived by Darryl Littlejohn for the murder of Imette St. Guillen at Brooklyn Supreme Court.

Spencer A. Burnett


St. Guillen, a promising graduate student at John Jay College, went out for a night of drinking with her best friend on a frigid February evening in 2006 but never returned home.

As she nursed a final drink just before closing time at The Falls bar in SoHo, the pub’s bouncer, Darryl Littlejohn, promised to take her home, but instead threw her in the back of a white van and raped and murdered her.

St. Guillen’s battered and bruised body was found 17 hours later on a remote street in East New York, Brooklyn. She was wrapped in a blanket, her hands and feet bound, and had clear packing tape wrapped around her face and head.